Hudson River Blog

Created by a sophomore seminar at Hamilton College, this blog considers the past, present, and future of the Hudson River, once described by Robert Boyle as "the most beautiful, messed up, productive, ignored, and surprising piece of water on the face of the earth."

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Field Trip

As a student who does not now and never has lived on the East Coast, my limited knowledge of the Hudson Valley area made me feel unprepared at times in class. However, today after our field trip, I was able to experience and appreciate aspects of the East Coast that I have never seen before.

Although waking up at 5:30 A.M. on a Wednesday would not be my choice, I hold this field trip as positive benchmark in my college experience. My favorite part of was the hike up Kaaterskill Falls. Not only did I feel gratified fulfilling my missed workout for the day, but the hike proved enjoyable, beautiful and soothing. I realized that I rarely take the time to appreciate and experience pleasure from my natural surroundings. It was nice that this field trip allowed me to slow down and be able to observe the environment without the everyday stresses of life. With finals around the corner, sometimes you need to just relax and the hike fulfilled that need. All in all it was a great field trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blogging for Truth & Reason said...

Couldn't agree more! Waking up at... er... 6:10 (thanks for the calls, Alex and John!) was quite the shock, but it was worth it. Up until part way through our walk up Kaaterskills Falls, I wasn't entirely sure how much I'd like the trip. In truth, I ended up enjoying myself quite a bit. As Jessy pointed out, the trip was a nice reprieve from the end of the semester crunch.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home