Hudson River Blog

Created by a sophomore seminar at Hamilton College, this blog considers the past, present, and future of the Hudson River, once described by Robert Boyle as "the most beautiful, messed up, productive, ignored, and surprising piece of water on the face of the earth."

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lost On The Hudson

All of the locations that are mentioned throughout the reading and other sources are something that is very foreign to me, even being from NY I have not traveled much to the southeast part of NYS. Many of the locations that are spoken about are new to me. This makes it difficult to understand when some locations are discussed. I guess that I should read these books with a map by my side to help me better understand the areas that are being talked about.
To be completely honest I have only ever seen the Hudson 4 times, and only one of those time was along the river. In that one trip I was able to see it true beauty. The way that the river is enjoyed by so many people, in so many different ways is truly great. Boaters, waterskiers, fisherman, kayakers, and sailboats. All of these people are enjoying something that at one point was almost ruined.
This area is one of great beauty and I have a desire to investigate it more and to spend more time near it enjoying it, and also learning some geography.

1 Comments:

Blogger TJE said...

See Ashbel's link to cool gizmo.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home